Thursday, July 3, 2008

Poetry

I've never been good at writing poetry, even as a child really, but I have always loved it. Anything I have ever written has always sounded awkward and forced. I have longed to be lyrical and write great songs and poetry, but just as Jessica Simpson should never sing Country, I should never write poetry. ;-)

I am however, a thinker. If you know anything about me, you know this. So today, I was walking through the house randomly thinking of different things and I remembered one of my favorite poems and it made me smile. So, of course, I had to look up the exact words and I figured I would share it, in case whoever is reading this might not have heard it. It isn't written by me, because like I said, I can't write poetry, but it is beautiful nonetheless.

i carry your heart with me
(i carry it in my heart)
i am never without it
(anywhere i go you go,my dear;
and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)

i fear not fate
(for you are my fate,my sweet)
i want no world
(for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;
which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder
that's keeping the stars apart


i carry your heart
(i carry it in my heart)
***


by: e.e. cummings

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's great that you have found your passion. I look forward to reading future posts.

We are planning a trip up that way around the middle of Nov. for a wedding. Hopefully we can all get together then.